Resolving a conflict may already be difficult. How would you resolve if it were across the cultures?Cultural differences are usually the sources of misunderstanding and conflict. ‘One size fits all’ method does not resolve the conflict when dealing with people from different cultural backgrounds.
Each culture has its own perspective of resolving conflicts and given culture's important role in conflicts, what should be done to keep it in mind and include it in response plans.
Cultural fluency is a key tool for resolving and managing multi-layered cultural conflicts. But what is ‘Cultural fluency’?
Cultural fluency is the familiarity with cultures: their natures, how they work, and ways they intertwine with our relationships in times of conflict.
- Understand the relationship between conflict - the organization and the culture
- Identify sources and types of cross-cultural conflict
- Learn to apply 4 step model approach conflict resolution across cultures
- Learn the differences in cross-cultural communication styles
- Minimise misunderstandings